Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weekly Recap. 9/12-9/18

This week became a little hectic with work and the first full week of the boys being back in school. Training was difficult to fit in, but it may have been a blessing considering the marathon on Sunday. I am sure my body needed rest. I was able to get out on Tuesday and put in a little over 4.5 miles. I felt great and pretty strong. My body must have needed rest though, because I just could not get up early on Wednesday to run before work. With soccer practice for the boys in the evening that day, and back to school night, running was out of the question. On Thursday, I had an agent call off sick and had to cover that night. I worked from 6am-3:30pm, went home until 7pm and went back to work until 10am Friday morning. Needless to say, Thursday was out. Fortunately, on Friday evening, and having the most supportive and understanding wife, she encouraged me to go run. Although it was getting dark, I wanted to run in the State Park, however, when I arrived, the Ranger told me I could not enter. I pleaded and told her I was on only on foot, but she didn't budge. Therefore, I decided to make the best of it and run the hilly horse trails around. I got in 5 miles and felt pretty good.

The ridge on Aliso Canyon
On Saturday, I set out for a long run with some hills. I ran from home into Chino Hills State Park, which is about 2 miles of constant uphill. I ran down Bane Canyon and up Aliso Canyon Road to the top of the ridge. I followed that along for a few miles and turned back home. On the ridge, the view was gorgeous. I was above the fog layer that settled in between the hills. It looked like I could just run right into it and across the top. This run was truly an inspiring run and is the type that keeps me loving the sport. I felt miles away from the city and could not see a house, a car, a road, and for that matter, a person anywhere. It was just me, a tarantula, a coyote, some birds, and a few rabbits. What a way to end the week!
Weekly total:
50 miles
8 hours and 17 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment